This was in my mind when I chose my sausage. I decided to buy "Premio Hot Italian Sausage". The reason being that, this is not a plain sausage. Rather, it also had crushed red and black pepper and seasoning. I was also skeptical about buying this since I was going to make it Indian way, or to say, my way.
It not only turned out great, my family luved it. Especially my 19 month old son. He devoured it.
Lemme leave the rambling and come to the recipe.
Premio Hot Italian Sausage - 2 pounds
Onion - 2 medium
- Boil the sausage in water for about 15 min. Sausage would have been cooked by then.
- Cut it in one inch wide pieces.
- Slice onion length wise.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai.
- Saute the onion until it turns golden brown.
- Add pepper powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt (I added very little of all these since my sausage was already seasoned) and saute it for a min or so. It better to do this in a low flame.
- Add the cut sausages and keep stirring around. Let it cook for a while. (Again low flame. Since sausage is already cooked, it just needs to mix well with the spices we have added)
- Tadaaaaa . . . U have your sausage pepper fry.
We had it with sambar and rice. And another instance we had it as a snack.
If your sausage isn't seasoned, you might have to add the seasonings accordingly. Mine was yummy to eat after just boiling.
Do try it out and tell me how it is.